Loud humming when I connect my DVD player

to my preamp via RCA connections. Otherwise, my system is dead silent. Its power cord has no ground wire. Any suggestions?
rockadanny
Jea48,
Did as you suggested and picked up a Jensen cable TV ground isolater ($59 + ship). Worked! No more hum! Thank you!
Rockadanny,

Thanks for posting the cable ground isolator solved your problem.
Jim
I used this product to suppress hum from directv hum with sat cable. When I placed Jensen between coax and sat receiver, it reduced hum 80%, but it failed to pass sat signal, kept getting 'searching for sat signal' error. What works for sat signal hum, new problem since added marantz 7005 processor into rig, never had hum before. Help, please
new problem since added marantz 7005 processor into rig, never had hum before.
??
Marantz does not use the safety equipment ground....
??

The Jensen isolator will not work on a SAT system. Says so in the lit......

If your problem is a ground loop you will need to find the grounding block for the SAT coax incoming cable. Once you find the grounding block, for a test, disconnect the ground wire from the block. (The ground wire will more than likely be a copper #14 awg.) Go in the house and check for the hum. No hum you have a ground loop problem...

No hum... Go back outside and trace out where the ground wire from the ground block goes and connects to.

I have a feeling it connects to a dedicated ground rod outside. If that is the case you will need to check the distance from the ground block to the main earth grounding system of your home.

If the distance is less than 25ft run a new #12 awg solid copper ground wire from the ground block to the main earth grounding system of your home and connect it there. (The dedicated ground rod will no longer be used.)

If the distance from the SAT ground block to your homes earth grounding system is greater than 25ft then you will need to run a #6 copper ground wire from the dedicated ground rod to your homes main earth grounding system.
Clean the connection at the ground block and ground rod and reconnect a #12 copper wire from the block to the ground rod.

Post back your results or any other questions you may have.
Dear Jim; thanks for your thoughtful and thorough response. silly question: how do I identify the ground block on my Satelite dish cable system; and where might it be? What does it look like? Is it where the 14g cooper ground wire is coming out of? Where would the main grounding block be for the electrical service panel coming into the house? thanks again...hard to believe I have no knowledge of this stuff; but ask me about tubed vs solid state, vs digital vs music servers; that I have opinions on; not how the electricity and grounds can screw up my expensive rig...