Luxman 509X vs Mc452 + preamp

I am currently debating where to go with my system.  I have Martin Logan 11As, McIntosh MC452, Meridian 218 DAC/streamer, and a Marantz 8805.  Been using the 8805 as my HT and 2ch pre, but for obvious reasons I am disappointed with the overall sound.  Need to keep everything as one system for the time being for budget and space considerations.

Been considering either picking up up a 2ch preamp, possibly Audio Research or McIntosh, or just simplifying my life and moving to the Luxman 509X integrated.  Budget is a bit tight, was hoping to keep it around $3K, if keeping the MC452 and getting a pre.  If going the Integrated route I have more wiggle room since I can sell or trade in the MC452.

I tend to like things on the warmer, non-analytic, side but with detail.  I listen to almost all kinds of music, but where I like to see some improvement is in classical music with instrument separation, clarity, and crispness.  McIntosh tends to have a darker sound and I am thinking that pairing it with electrostats may not be doing the combination justice especially in the high frequencies.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks!

eziggy
Ah, didn't realize they were creating their own music server software.  Being in tech, I wholeheartedly agree on the complexities of developing and launching software.  Look how long Roon has been working to fix all the kinks, though in PS Audio's defense they would only need to support their own hardware.

I have heard amazing things about the BHK preamp.  If you have the chance to demo it, it might be worth while.
@eziggy I am a software guy myself and when I heard that PS Audio was doing their own music server software and will not support ROON on Bridge III (I think), I lost interest in the DS.
@yyzsantabara Noticed talk of the lack of Roon support, which is a serious buzz kill (if true).  I get Roon has limitations, but creating new software is a definitely a huge endeavor and will limit the reach the product.

@eziggy sorry I am late to this response. I recently swapped out the Mcintosh MC462 with the Luxman M10X, and I am waiting to swap out the Mcintosh C53 with the C900U (It’s in order and I won’t get it until June 2022, can’t wait). I have the Luxman D03x. The combo of the D03X, with C900U (borrowed from dealer) and the M10X running through Magico A3’s is heavenly.. I like the Luxman upgrade over the Mcintosh.. I checked with Luxman’s Jeff Sigmund to see if they are updating the C900U as well, but that won’t be until sometime next year.. All these recent updates has burnt a hole in the bank account.. I am working harder :). I am quite happy to have pursued this upgrade path.. Something was lacking when I was using the C53, 462 combo

@riaa_award_collectors_on_facebook I am with you, after experiencing the C900U/M10X, I could never go back to the C53/462 combo..