Machina Dynamica New Dark Matter CD and Blu Ray tray treatment?

This is a set of adhesive-backed thin plastic pieces that one attaches to one’s transport or player disc tray. The disk rests on them during non-spin mode, but presumably don’t touch the applied thin pieces during playback mode. The company says the new Dark Matter pieces reduces background scattered light from reaching the photodetector, thereby improving performance. 

Anyone tried this product? Please specify transport or player if you have and your impressions. 
128x128celander

uberwaltz “I honestly do think it made a difference on both players I installed NDM into.

But what do I know, I am listening to Mamas and Papas so go figure......”

+ 1/2
mapman
Of course nothing is perfect. Each device will vary from that ideal but good devices will do it with some design tolerance that helps assure accurate results.

Also of course performance of all devices declines over time so a 10 year old device no longer functions as well as a new one in most cases.

Now, introduce anything that affects the actual light levels detected by absorbing some of it, and if enough is absorbed, a change in the output should occur and could be audible if large enough.

>>>>>I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it appears my explanation of how New Dark Matter works didn’t work on you. No biggie. New Dark Matter doesn’t affect the level of direct reflected laser light, only the level of the background scattered light. All CD players, regardless of cost or age, have this problem with scattered light. As do SACD players, DVD players, and Blu Ray players.
Geoff: I got one word to say to you. Just one word.
Mapman: Yes, sir. 
Geoff: Are you listening?
Mapman: Yes, I am. 
Geoff: NDM. 
Mapman: Exactly how do you mean?
Geoff: There's a great future in NDM. Think about it. Will you think about it?
From what I can tell so far with feedback from customers of NEW DARK MATTER and I am trying to resist being too judgmental those customers with good systems hear the full glory whilst those with mediocre systems or systems with mistakes in them get negative or tepid results. NDM seems to very good at distinguishing between the advanced audiophile and the plug and play type. Kind of a smart tweak, as it were. I have a rather good population of customers to analyze now so I don’t think I’m overstating this. I’m just trying to be objective here. NDM is certainly no panacea. Or a pancreas for that matter.