McIntosh MA252

I am a newbie and looking to upgrade from what I have ( Rega 3, Adcom amp and pre-amp). I have a pair of Cabasse Java 420 (not very well known in the US but wonderful sound. I am looking at a used MA252, a new turntable and CD player, sonos connection. Would I need a DAC? Would I need a phono pre-amp or is it already build in?

chardonnet64
Post removed 

If the CD player is doing the D/A conversion and you’re connecting it to the MA252 via RCA or XLR analog cables, then you wouldn’t require a DAC.

If the turntable has a MM (Moving Magnet) cartridge you would not require a separate phono pre since the 252 has a (fixed) MM phono input.

I can’t speak for Sonos. I honestly thought they went out of business when they dropped support of their first gen product line. Does the Sonos unit have analog outs?

I had the MA252 for about 6 months. I bought one after giving one of my sons my Pathos Classic One MK3.

Was not in the same league as the Pathos (in my system), lacked depth, and detail. The Pathos Classic One Mk3 new can be had for less than a used MA252.

Ended up laying around with some SS gear for a while before settling on the kit I have now.

If the Price is right on the MA252 get it. Just was not for me.

Have a great day.

I Robot.