Metrum Octave single ended output

I'm wondering if Octave having single ended output only is a deal breaker? I've always used balanced out, so would like to make sure it's not something I'd regret. The only experience I have with single ended out is with my receiver and I find it quite noisy. Any comments from Metrum owners are greatly appreciated.
kzhtoo
"The only experience I have with single ended out is with my receiver and I find it quite noisy".

Key word here is "receiver".
Devilboy, you're absolutely right. First thing I checked when I fired up the Octave this morning is noise. I use 1M Nordost Heimdall IC and I detected NONE. :)

BTW, I posted this in other thread, but I guess I'd ask it here as well. Octave sounds great cold out of the box (unlike oppo-95 which has a break-in up north of 500 hours), but one thing I notice is constricted soundstage compared to my Electrocompaniet ECD-1 dac. Is soundstage one of characteristics that gets better over time? Or if you don't mind, I'd love to hear what you experienced during Octave 3-4 weeks break in period, in general.
Kzhtoo, thanks for the feedback on the Synchro-mesh. Good luck with the break-in on your Octave.
kzhtoo: The Metrum sounded really good right out of the box. Over the course of a month the Metrum opened up and got "smoother", soundstaging opening up nicely. Give it time. I absolutely love this dac. It beat my Weiss Minerva hands down at a price of $5,500.
Hi Devilboy, thanks for the info. Do you use any aftermarket power cord? Today I switched in Shanyata Venom 3 and heard the improvement.