Michell Gyro Mk II AC or DC?

Gents,

I have recently purchased a new Michell Gyro SE. I know that the Pabst AC motor that they used to use has now been replaced by a DC motor from another manufacturer. Does anyone know how to identify which motor is which by sight? I was thinking of getting a PLC that works with AC synchronous motors -- obviously a bad idea if I have the newer DC motor. Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, I have heard of a clear aftermarket belt for this 'table does anyone know who makes it or where it can be purchased?
plato
Has anyone upgraded from the AC to the DC? Its costs about $500. Wondering how much difference it makes. Then for about another $1,000 it can be upgraded to the "never-connected' circuit or for $2,000 can be upgraded to the Orbe model. I have the Orbe platter already. At some point, you are better off buying a new turntable!
Slingshot. I had my eye set on the Gyro SE from the start. I had done all the research, and was ready to take the plunge. I was actually this close from buying the demo from the dealer. Unfortunately, by the time I got the message and called the dealer back, someone had beat me to it by 1/2 hour.

I had looked at all the upgrades that were available to the Gyro. And you are right, it gets expensive! At the end, I realized that it would end up costing me as much as buying an Orbe SE, so I ended up just buying the Orbe SE with the DC motor. On top of that, I got the SME V arm too. I've been happy with the setup and never got the urge to upgrade.

FrankC
Hi,
I recently upgraded to the DC "never connect" HR DC supply from Michell and a new DC Motor.There is a difference in the sound but not what I would suggest as grossly significant.More smoothing out of the high end.I am awaiting delivery of a Bluenote Bellaria the deck is the GYRO Se withe deep platter and the damping material stuck to the underside of the platter.The HR Supply is about five inches long x two and a half incmes wide and one and a half inches deep.with a On/Off switch on the left hand side.My colleague has a DC supply (Michell) which is a black box approx two x two inches.Hope this is of some help.
Alan,
I have a stock Gyro SE DC Motor. So is this "upgrade" a new motor and power supply??? Does it come with new belts???

My unit is a plug into a transformer which is 5x2x2 and then a 4 foot cable up to the motor (a disconnecting cable coupler is in between motor and xformer).

Dave