MM, MC, or MI cartridge

Can somebody briefly describe the difference in the sonic characteristics of these types of cartridge, if possible?

I’ve never had a MC and I’m wondering what difference it would make.

128x128rvpiano

@lewm

Your opinion concerning MC/MM/MI sound differences is exactly what I said in my original post. I guess we're caught in a glitch in the Matrix. As Mick Jagger once sang, "Gimme shelter!"  In any event, I think I found a happy best-of-both-worlds compromise with my new Hana ML.

@rauliruegas 

But I'm talking here of vintage cartridges that if were under today production with today parts used for the top LOMC cartridges will be a true challenge to them.

So far, I’ve not had any MC cartridges beat the ADC 10E MKIV with the boron cantilever and nude MR tip. Extremely short/light cantilever and nude Micro Ridge stylus. Superb tracking at 0.75 grams, extremely low moving mass, the best imaging and detail I’ve yet heard. Tip life @0.75 grams is better than 800 hours.

Dear @wolfie62  : Now I own that ADC in stock condition. I posted a thread of the ADC 26/27 original status where I made tests comparisons against top today LOMC cartridges and overall in my room/system me and the owners of the today LOMC cartridges been in agreement that that Pritchard design is just superb and could outperform any other cartridge.

I know that you prefer the 10E MKIV and is ok. I have the 26 with 3-4  replacement stylus and now that you brougth here ADC name I will send to an update with boron cantilever and maybe Shibata stylus shape or VDH and yes with the length cantilever of same dimension than the original aluminum one.

R.