mo' better bass: any substitute for watts?

Generally speaking, and all things being equal, will higher wattage amps generally produce more, better defined bass than lower wattage amps at a given volume level? I don't seem to hear much bass until I turn my amp up to a level that doesn't suit my listening habits. Wondering if this could be improved by upgrading my old NAD 25(or is it 35?)wpc Powerdrive amp with a newer, modest amp in the 100 wpc range or so. I'm thinking about driving a power amp directly off of an Oppo 980H. Speakers are Rega R3's which can produce bass in my small room when I crank the volume and/or bass tone control. Thanks!
clbone
When I replaced my Bryston 3B w/ a newer 4B ST the bass sounded much fuller. So yes in this instance the increase in watts and a newer more refuned design resulted in a warmer more refined sound w/greater bass. Presently I'm using a Rega Brio 3 which is rated for 49w per ch. It has a wonderful warm sound w/great bass. I'd audition one. If your lacking bass after this amp, you my need to add a sub or buy different spks. Yes, there is a substitute for great bass w/less watts w/the Brio 3.
I've run in to this a lot over the years. My solution is tubes. May not work for everyone but it does for me. Sure beats turning up the volume too loud just to get that punch and body that you know is there...
Not necessarily. I've had 100W that kicked heavyweight amp, so to speak, and I've had 100W that barely tickled the woofers.

Your basically correct but... there are just too many buts.
as a general staement, a more powerful amp will deliver more bass at a lower volume. speaker placement can help too.
I have found my digital Super T-amp really brings out the bass from music, without having to turn it up loud. And it is only 6 watts a side at 8 ohms. I also play it directly from my Oppo 980, as it has its own volume control. Try a digital amp for fun.