Most forgiving speakers?

I have a bad room and I love classic rock that was transferred to cd badly. Which speakers do you recommend besides Vandersteen. Room is nine wide twentyfour long and 8.6 high.
dred
That was my experience also. A slight lack of transparency and a slightly rolled off top end but the upper midrange did not seem any more forgiving than others I tried.
Just so some can point fingers my system includes Musical Fidelity 3.2 integrated and CD player. And yes the VPI with a grado is more forgiving but I would like to enjoy my collection of 1500 cd's.
Also thanks for the answers-I think I might try the Spendors.
Ed
But seriously folks...
I might recomend a good speaker, and an outboard equalizer.
Then carefully preset the eq so that you have the balance you want, but can still enjoy the speakers the rest of the time, with good recordings.
I think if you buy a speaker that will allow poorly mixed, poorly transferred rock, you will have such a poor product, it won't be worth owning. So outboard fix is the best way to go, IMHO.
Best
Spica TC 60 (you can get them for around 400.00)
a good sub (@600 used)...so for a grand...you got a forgiving top end and deep bass for your rock. You also get WIDE soundstage and good imaging.
I respectfully disagree that the Spica is good for rock music, IMHO. They are small, delicate creatures, that are articulate, first order cross overs, limiting dynamics, while doing exactly what Rich said otherwise.
Buy a good speaker, then, if NEED be, as I mentioned EQ the nasties out when necessary.
Someone said Vandersteen; that makes more sense,as they can handle rock and roll. This whole series is a tough one, since we don't know the volume levels you find acceptable, etc.
Right on Warrenh, forgiving, to me is an oxymoron.
If you don't want to hear it, don't play it. I completely understand the problem.
Some deaf engineer eq'd the recording, running them as hot as he could, so HE could hear the high end. What a mess.
Good luck. I still contend that for you to be pleased, you would have to do the inverse operation that the deaf engineer performed.
Larry