MSB for (very) long term?

Hi everybody. I'm at a crossroads contemplating two main paths of digital source upgrade from my Accuphase DP550: a used MSB Analog Dac with upgraded power supply or a used Accuphase DP-720 player (or perhaps the similar Accuphase DC-37 dac). This is all about the DACs, the CD player side is really not important.

Now, I'm not here to ask for a recommendation based on the sound quality but rather to inquire about the long term safety of going the MSB route, a company I'm not familiar with at all (apart from knowing they are truly high end and very expensive). Imagine you would be buying something for a very long term, say, 25+ years. I'm obviously aware that no one can predict the future, much less such a distant one, but please, bear with me and share with me your experiences and informed opinions on matters such as:

- can I expect the MSB Analog Dac to be supported in terms of software (Windows drivers and whatnot) for a very long time? Did MSB ever stop supporting an older product?

- the same question but on the topic of physical servicing the unit, spare parts availability etc. - for example, Accuphase are known for storing spare parts for very long periods of time

- are MSB known for their excellent customer support, like the Pass company is for example? (I had a very telling email exchange once with someone from Pass, hats off!)

- are the MSB dacs as reliable as they are expensive (or as reliable as Accuphase)?

- have you had connectivity isues with MSB dacs like unstable drivers or the USB not recognized by the streamer / PC?

Many thanks!

donquichotte

i don’t see msb stranding owners of the analog dac.... in fact i know they won’t, from the horse’s mouth.... 😁

it is one of favorite dacs, transparent and beautiful sounding at the same time!

in my unit i have the latest ethernet module as well as the quadrate usb module i have never had any issue with connectivity

See company link and their machine shop link

This financial info comes from the Perplexity AI. IT is only one data point and you should do more research:

“MSB Technology’s financial strength is not explicitly detailed in the provided search results. However, MSB Technology is recognized for its high-end audio equipment, including digital-to-analog converters and amplifiers, with products ranging from $9,950 to $118,500[4]. The company’s reputation in the audio industry and its presence through various dealers like Overture Ultimate Home Electronics and Scott Walker Audio[3][2] indicate a solid position within the market. While specific financial metrics are not directly addressed, the brand’s premium offerings and market presence suggest a level of financial stability and success within the audio equipment industry”.

See perplexity link