Need HDMI knowledge pertaining to Denon receivers

ok my Onkyo Integra finally fried on me so I am deciding to upgrade my receiver. I have ALWAYS wanted a avr-5803a but I know that they are not equipped with HDMI capabilities or true 1080. I love the power that the reciver has and Denon as a whole. So my questions are is it possible to use the 5803 and get a HDMI converter (Do they even make one?)? Is it effective or a waste of time? (the reason I ask is I want the onscreen display on my plasma). There is a guy on here that has a 5803A, 5910 and the right cable to get it to function but I do not think the OSD function will work when I am playing DVD's. I am a novice at this so I apologize for the questions but I would like some direction. I ordered a Pioneer Elite Kuro 60" plasma so if I can't keep 1080 all the way through I need to look a different route. Hopefully there is a way with the 5803A and the 5910. Thanks for all the help guys.
johnyakimo
I forgot to add that I was VERY impressed with the sound and picture (color & details) quality of the $2,000 Denon Blueray 3800BDci in movies perspective. Other lesser BlueRay players that I auditioned and stated above were from Samsung, Sony priced around $300 to 600 when they were first intro'd (years back.)So yes, the BlueRay players can be good especially a used Denon BD-3800 can be had for less than $1K, same as a used Denon-5910.
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I will pass on the 5803A and keep my eyes open for the 5803.