Need help Cary CD-308 or Naim CD5i

I have decided on one of these players they are in my price range, has anyone listened to both players any suggestions please.
paulficarella
As a FYI, I don't think the Cary 308 has a digital out either. I have the 308T (tubed version of the 308) and it does NOT have a digital out and assume the standard 308 would be the same.
I haven't heard the Cary but the 777ES is fantastic in nearly every way. I really thought of replacing my AA Prima mk2 with one but in the end, the AA won for me. However, the 777ES is a real detail and resolution machine with superlative dynamics. It was all a bit too much for me actually - the Prima has better texture and more accurate timbre which are things I value more than detail for the sake of detail.

For an audiophile, the 777 is hard to beat for the money and its build quality is second to none. For a music lover however, the Audio Aero Prima Mk2 is the best I have heard in my system (and I've had a dozen CD players).

You should also consider the Musical Fidelity A308. It is massive but beautiful to look at as well as hear. It will be smoother and a little more forgiving than the 777 but still an outstanding player. I haven't compared it to my Prima in my system but I think they are fairly similar in style. But I am a tube guy and for digital, I find tube magic is essential.

Arthur
Do you think that the sacd format will be discontinued shortly
and do you think the sony would play redbook as good as the musical thanks a million.