Need help in picking a good preamp/processor

Hi,

I am looking to replace my no remote acurus RL10 preamp with something that is more recent. I am torn between sticking to just 2ch with remote or a HT proc with good 2ch performance. My requirements are real good 2ch performnace. So if I am going with a good HT, I need very good 2ch performance and good D/A for playing my CDs (I have a panasonic CD/DVD player) I also need the usual DD DTS. But 5.1 performance is just fine.

My amp is Acurus A150 and speakers are Hales Revelation III.

Please help

Regards
Ramesh
lataramesh
You don't indicate your budget, but if you can afford one of the best pre/pros on the market, I strongly recommend the Bryston SP-1.7 (retail price is $4800, but can be purchased used for around $3200). I have the original SP1, and have been extremely pleased with it. The SP-1.7 has gotten a lot of good comments here on Audiogon, which you can access in the archives.
classe ssp-75 would be a good pick. if you don't need component inputs, there ssp-25 and ssp-30 units are also very nice. mcintosh mx-13x series are also very nice. Mcintosh also carries the mht series integrated 2 channel/ht amps. if you need more power, you can always use seperate amps to power your speakers. IMO, most of the pre/pros out there give up 2 channel performance for dd/dts capability. I feed my ht equipment into my 2 channel preamp. when i listen to music, i only use my 2 channel gear, when i watch movies, i feed the output of the ht processor/amp to the l/r channels into my audio gear and the center and surround speakers are driven from my ht gear. works well. good luck.