Network Switches

david_ten
Here we go again. I just saw 50 to 60 posts from people who have not tried one of the switches in question.
This just confuses people who come here to find out results.

50 to about 5 who did post some results, even if they were offering a link to someone who did. Thank you to those 5 out of 50!
Just going to update my network switch experience from my "post industrial" units!

One of the issues I had with my industrial setup was just that, it was industrial and looked it, meant to be locked away in cabinets and mounted on DIN rail and all hardwired, looks like crap out in the open.

So I acquired a D-Link non managed switch powered by a 5v switch mode walwart, looked better but the sq was a little duller imho.
Moved to a Welbourne 5v LPS with aftermarket PC (cannot find a brand name on that?) and oh yes, MUCH better than even the industrial setup.
Running a short 0.75m cat 7 cable from switch to Metrum Onyx DAC and running Roon core upstairs on a seperate Dell laptop which is also connected to main router by a 0.75m cat 7 cable.
The downstairs D-Link switch is connected to main router by a 75ft cat 7 cable.
These are just generic ebay sourced cables, no fancy brands.

Now the setup looks the part( basically hidden behind my TV) and sounds excellent imho.
Well worth the approx $300 cost.