New Klipsch Conwalls (IV)

Anyone listening to these with tubes? Thoughts on sound vs. other Klipsch offerings?
lawnranger
They still do not go all that low but what is there is clean

Huh. When I auditioned these (the III's) at a dealer's showroom, the bass I heard was not clean. Somewhat thumpy and poorly defined - close enough for R&R but little else. I really wanted it to be clean, but that was not what I heard. Perhaps it was the MacIntosh amp or the cavernous room? Whatever, I put my wallet back in my pocket.

I know Klipsvh very well even with their latest Titaniunm drivers their big weak spot is the very poor quality crossover parts ,hiding inside the cabinet if you had the crossover and wiring upgraded 
you are talking night and day more refined . I modded the latest Heresy
and Lascalla for a friend for maybe
$1k or so in parts = to a new much more refined speaker.you would be shocked,Xover parts ,no name from China ,even in their $12 k  K horns 
just unexcusable,and connectors in all your system should be copper ,gold 
or silver,rhodium,  no they use junk $5 
grass or plastic ,I may buy a usedK horn someday just to max out in quality parts , keep this in mind. Just remove a woofer you will see what I mean,and wiring 50 centa meter just unexcusable.
its like putting $50 tires on a Ferrari !!

From my understanding (what I have heard elsewhere) is the CW IV is a much better sounding speaker than the III. Most reviewers have said the new mid makes for a large improvement. I too have read from some fanboys of the line that the crossovers are not the best. Improvements are available and easy to install.
I really wanted the CW IV. The price ($2K more than the III) was tough to swallow and I instead ordered a built pair of the Cornscalla type 2 from Crites. This is an interesting speaker, was nearly $4,000 less but decent enough to try instead. I have a set of ALK Universal crossovers on order that I will install in the future to see if I can ring out more HF out of them, but the Bass is substantial as is the massive Mid Horn. If these do not work out for my room, I'll likely start looking at the Forte III or elsewhere. The Cornwall and Cornscala take up plenty of floor space as well.
Feel bad for the guy above who bought the Heresy III's. Did the dealer even tell you the Heresy IV is now available? You made that dealer very happy Im sure.  Same kind of thing happened to me...picked up the Forte III brand new and about 1 month later the Cornwall IV came out. Luckily I never opened the Forte's so It will be easier to get rid of.
I seriously considered the Heresy III but ultimately decided on the Omega SAMs. My main issue with the Heresy was its neither a standmount nor a floorstander and I just couldn't figure out how to make it work in my room with the furniture, etc., getting in the way of listening position with the higher frequencies at ear level.