New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
Ralph, sorry, I meant trying some means of gluing the stock rubber mat that would not be permanent.
So, is there any update on the Technics 1200 GAE vs the SP10 mk2 ?
I am considering one of these TTs. Either I will get the 1200 G/GAE with the Time-Step mods (linear PSU) or the SP10 mk2 refurbished by Krebs or Albert Porter. Do we have a clarity on which one is the better TT ?
The SL1200 is more speed stable and I think the plinth is more sorted out than all the SP-10s and that includes (at least for now) the new SP-10R which is supposed to be released soon. I would expect the SP-10R to have state of the art speed stability. IOW unless you are willing to devise or otherwise find a competent plinth for the SP-10 so that the arm can be properly mounted, you might be better off with the SL1200G/GAE.

Funny how Technics manages to get so many things right then there's that one glaring flaw that has you scratching your head... In the case of the 1200 I think the platter pad and the arm are the weak links, although the arm is much improved and totally takes on many high end arms.
Ralph, have you compared the G and GAE ? Is there a clearly audible superiority in the GAE ?

Secondly when you say that the tonearm is on the 1200 is superb, do you mean the one on the GAE or also the G (which has a inferior one) ?