Non-Audiophile Audiophile question!

I need to know which speakers are the best to use when you position them behind you. In other words I'm not setting up any home-theater, but simply trying to figure out what kind of speakers are the best to go for such quest of setting up 2-ch stereo with rear speakers. It is my home-office situation which is awkwardly spaced and there are LOTS of monitors around me so I'm guessing I should look for near-field speakers. No issues with active speakers as well. 

Please recommend!

czarivey

Do you want to save your hearing when your older,then don't play the music loud when you have your headphones on...Better yet done used them at all....

I had this issue way back when and solved it with the B&W rock solid system - with the passive subwoofer. Neat setup and great sounding for small space - although rated up to 150 watts. I still have the speakers and have re-purposed them for my garage surround system. 

The Mini is for background.....

Actually Mini Maggie's are for nearfield listening. For me, nearfield listening has advantages such as eliminating problems of room acoustics, and I hear details better. Anyway, for the original question (speakers behind listener at desk), mini mags on stands placed about 3 to 6 feet away would work for me, and use the DWM for bass. And if there is room for LRS+ or the wall mount Maggie's, that's what I would consider. But I realze many other people accept box speakers.  I just can't tolerate the box sound.
The MBL speakers are very interesting but I've never heard them, and they're expensive. I'd rather buy a Porsche for that price! 😃

@unclewilbur I am saying the Mini on stands about 3- 6 feet behind me. I will also use a sub. If you have a bit more space, then the LRS+ would be even better.

the issue with Maggies for me is that they are not supper detailed in stock form. The LRS+ was not as clean sounding as the LS50 Meta. However, that is only 1 variable, and I like the LRS+ more than the LS50 and one reason I got the mini over the LS50 (again).

I never put any speaker on my desk it just kills the sound for me. I would rather have the sound of silence over a desktop sound.

I've a pair of my 'bookshelf' Walsh that work great near-field, so I can recommend the Ohm version that you might try....

Mate them with a small sub and you'd be good to go.... ;)