Now that there is a CJ ART II

Is there any news of perhaps revising the mini-Art a.k.a 16LS to a 16LS II?
How very much different is the 16LS from the 17LS?
Has anyone done any auditioning on the above pre-amps with the Jeff Rowland model 10 other than the safe and tested JRDG Synergy II?
Much appreciate your opinions and suggestion (before I put my $$$ down).
nex
I have never auditioned a CJ Premier series preamp out of fear that I might *need* it. Are the 16LS and 17LS significantly better than the CJ PV-12 or more recent PV-14? I had both of these CJ units and found them to be a little rolled off on the high's and the lows. For now, I'm using an Audio Research LS16 tube preamp with my CJ Premier 11a.
Abe: I spent a bit of time auditioning both the Premier 14 and the 16LS just before the 17LS was introduced. Relatively, there is nothing comparable about the 14 and 16 – in every capacity the 16LS is superior. However, I wasn’t prepared for the high price of the 16, so I decided to put my purchase on hold wait for the 17 to see how it faired. Fortunately for my wallet, the 17 was a perfect fit both in sound and price, and I ended up giving one a nice home.

Sonically, the 17 is very much in league with the 16 and doesn't really resemble the 14 at all. It still has the classic CJ sound - warm and smooth with a big soundstage - but seems to be much livelier and quicker than its predecessor. I haven't noticed any roll-off in the highs, but I certainly wouldn't call it a 'bright' preamp. Like most CJ equipment, it aims for a smooth, warm, and relaxed sound which might make it, and the 14, feel a bit rolled at the top. It is a tad bit slower than some of the tube preamps I've listened to (the ARC LS25 comes to mind), but it has a certain presence and soundstage that is hard to beat and is equally hard to find in other preamps.

The 17 is truly a mini version of the 16LS and as such does an admirable job. For the price, its a quantum leap ahead of the 14 and is very much worth listening to if you like the CJ sound.

Cheers,
Ken
Hi Ken. I had the PV-12 and PV-14 (not Premier 14) and although they were very good preamps, combined with my Premier 11a tube amp, I found the frequency extremes to be a little rolled off. I am currently using either my Adcom GFP-750 ss preamp or the Audio Research LS16. I'll have to borrow a Premier 17LS from my dealer and compare it to what I have. Thanks. ...Abe