NSMT or Zu?

I have a Hegel H120 integrated (75 wpc) and am considering new speakers.  My room is large so efficiency is a consideration, budget is about $3000 max. Am looking at the Zu Omen II and NSMT.  NSMT is intriguing but also confusing as they have so many options in the price range (Model 15, 25, 50, ?) Thoughts?  Experiences?

kingofgix

Zu does 60 days in-home evaluation period, refund if returned. They require you evaluate for at least 45 days to gain an honest assessment, once you've adjusted to Zu's traits & advantages, before full refund. They don't get many returns but they get some and it's no hassle.

Phil

Terry London loved the model 50s...and they have a 30 day return....

But...part of the consideration should be when the day comes that your are ready to try something else, how easy will they resell and what percentage of the price you paid will you get back.

Not a lot of resales with the NSMT so its hard to tell....

Lots of resales with the Zu...they are pretty easy to resell...and now that they no longer make the dirty weekend...the resale price is creeping up....but it still might be worth buying preowned.

Hi I had the Zu Omen Dirty Weekend and then the Soul. The only NSMT I have heard is the 100's and there is no comparison.  The NSMT is double the price and double the sound quality of the Zu Soul 6.  They are both made in USA which is great and I would have loved to keep the Zu's but they were just not for me.  The NSMT is end game speakers.  Best JH

I just came across your post. You seem knowledgeable. I hope you don't think the Model 50's low frequency stops abruptly at 42Hz. Since the second line in the specs is : Bandwidth: (-10 dB): 28 Hz - 20 kHz. That means, with room reinforcement, the Model 50 can provide usable bass output down to 28 Hz. By the way the Model 50 is a double transmission line speaker not a ported speaker. What should also be noted is that the Model 50 is time coherent and, with the woofers wired in series, it is powerful a point source without the Doppler effect that can occur with large concentric drivers.