Okay......best single box reference CD player

I currently own a CEC TL-1 transport, along with a dcs Delius and Purcell upsampler.....what one box CD player out there can deliver dynamics, transpareny, smoothness and inner detail that will outperform my current set up. Meridian 808....???? Please let me know your thoughts....
garebear
I can understand that, but it's just strange that we can't even get a basic spec sheet. I would love to audition the unit in-home as it meets my primary checklist items (VRDS/VOSP transport and digital inputs) but I'm not sure they would permit that for a person not in the US atm.
Mike,
You should disclose that you've been dealing with the distributor for quite some time and have received favorable pricing on other purchases.
Bill,

i am an open book. if someone cares about such things they can read my posting history; i hide nothing.

i would remind you to disclose you are a commercial dealer in competition with the distributor you refer to. while i personally think your intentions are honorable from your point of view others should know about where you come from.

many/most prominent posters here have close relationships with dealers and manufacturers.....or even have become part of the hifi business themselves.....it's the nature of the culture of this hobby. if someone asks me about my relationship with any dealer i will and have told the story.

ultimately; each poster's credibility or lack there-of is earned with what they say over time.
It was clear to me when I read Mike's review here and at the Asylum that he has a long-term relationship with the principals of PD. I don't and I'll be adding to his review in a couple of weeks.

Dave
Website for Playback Design MPS-5

http://www.bluelightaudio.com/playbackdesigns.html