Opinions - The Absolute Sound

I recently recieved an offer in the mail for a year of The Absolute Sound for $14.95. I've never had a subscription to an audiophile type magazine and am wondering if it's worth getting for this, or any, price.
mceljo
Tvad - Thanks for the good wishes. Obviously, the cost isn't an issue, but there' no point in having another useless thing show up in the mailbox once a month.

I was interested to know if it was a respected magazine overall.

$14.95 would get me another CD so is it worth more than getting one, or more, new CDs?
Post removed 
LOL

I got that offer too and I am going to re-up, also got an offer for Stereophile for $7 and it comes with a IPOD USB car adaptor it............not bad for a year of reading.
IF YOU DREAM OF-
1. driving a porsche, buy a car magazine.
2. taking pictures with a leica, buy a photography magazine.
3. fiddling around with big chunks of audio components, buy an audio
magazine.
NOTICE i did not mention anything about music appreciation which is a function of your education on the subject and your exposure to one or many forms of music. still further is the separate dream of fusing what you perceive good sound is with what you believe is possible in electronically reproducing it.
so reading the magazine might push your buttons or repel you, or both at the same time (my experience). in the end i like to get stereophile and the absolute sound, look at the pictures, and read one or two of the articles.
sometimes this serves as a launch pad for further research. BUT IN ADDITION I can also HIGHLY recommend the audio show reviews that audiogon and other on-line web sites are offering. better yet try to attend one of the shows in person.
I think if you are interested in what it does provide; samplings of upcoming products, short, non-technical to a certain extent, and nice glossy pictures, of current products, then you will like it. I like it for its differing perspective compared to the mainstream, what many on forums often complain about. I like to have different opinions, as there is often times no 100% absolute in some things, you must simply try it out for yourself.

For the price, it is useless to debate the merits of the worth of TAS. I like it for what it is as well as Stereophile. I also like Car and Driver, Car Craft, Automobile, Vette Magazine, Corvettes Quarterly, GM High Tech Performance, and Federal Times, but that is me.

I just signed up for another 3 years for 39 dollars, 38 issues. I figure if I am going to be a hobbiest, I might as well get some hobby magazines. Ther are a couple of online webzines that I have bookmarked as well.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life