Pass/musical fidelity for focal scala

Need ur help with amp recommendation for driving the focal scala.. In my area currently available is musical fidelity ams50 and passlabs xa30.5/ xa60.5... Are those "pure class A" , can drive the focal? Which of u guys have the exp on those two.. Which one is hotter? Reliability, long years of trouble-free usage..? Or should i look for a/b amp? The player will be oppo bdp105.. Thx
didi1606
Thx.. I'll keep in mind ur thought.. Meanwhile, is there any problem bout reliability about the class A? How hot can it get for long use?
One of my Pass amps burst into flames the first time I plugged it in. Great sounding amp though. Pass has a reputation for building very reliable products. The vast majority of them don't catch fire.

"07-11-14: Abucktwoeighty
I find all purchases are exciting, even with experience."

Of course they are. I was just saying that it takes most beginners some time before they see how important sources and preamps are. Personally, I feel that the preamp is the most important and hardest component to get right. If you mess up and get the wrong one, the system will never sound right.

Didi1606,

Do you live near an Ayre dealer? I think it would be well worth your time to demo some of their products if at all possible. My favorite SS company.
Thx zd542 for ur exp sharing.. Nope, nowhere near my place... How about the heat?? Mf/pass.. Is it really hot so i cannot touch with the bare hand?
Just put my hand on my Pass INT-30A, which had been playing at reasonably loud volumes for an hour. Warmest part of casework warm, but I could leave my hand on it for a minute without discomfort. I have heard that class A will affect your electric bill, but I didn't compare b/f and after.

A blown fuse, for which I don't blame the amp for, has been my only issue in 3 years. I think the amp sounds lovely.

Are the Scalas rated at 92b? I think it is worth asking how much power you need, and I doubt the 30 series Pass will be enough. Mine did not work optimally with 92b Montanas, and fits better with a higher efficiency design.

If you do not have a dealer in your area, Mark at Reno HiFi is the man for Pass, and I highly recommend giving him a call.

J