Point of higher priced streamer?

Hello,
Assuming I have separate DAC, and I just want to play songs from iPad by Airplay feature.
In this case, I need a streamer to receive music from my iPad -> DAC.

What’s the point of high price streamer? I’m bit surprised that some streamers are very high priced.
From my understanding, there should be no sound quality difference.
(Streaming reliability and build quality, I can see it but I do not see advantages in terms of sound quality.)

Am I missing something? If so, please share some wisdom.
128x128sangbro
@ironlung I get what you are saying and the is also what i was thinking was going on under the hood. That 10db difference is another matter but not really a concern. BTW - I was streaming to the Rendu via ROON RAAT.

I am now seeing a Network DAC input as the short term future for me. My current DAC can use the Ethernet, my next DAC needs the Ethernet for the best sound (the AudioByte HUB component). Unless I get the Benchmark DAC3B again the microRendu is going to sit idle.

My hope for the longer term is that DACs get a Fibre optical input like the $15K Lumin X1. That way a direct fibre wire from an Network switch to a ROON READY DAC.

I am not sure if WiFi is also a contender for this. Other that Aurelic no one else is pushing Wifi. I have rock solid Wifi but have not really tested it out. The Matrix does support Wifi but I need ROON READY certification for that to work. So  I will try this one day soon.
I am not sure if WiFi is also a contender for this. Other that Aurelic no one else is pushing Wifi.
WiFi should only be used when absolutely necessary. I know there are Auralic guys who claim the WiFi input on their streamers is the better connection to make to the network, but I think if that's the case then the ethernet implementation must be poor.

WiFi is totally fine to use for the control point but in terms of connection between the server (Roon Core) and the client (Roon RAAT/Ready device) the connection should be hardwired with sufficient detail paid to the rest of the network to minimize possible conflicts/bottlenecks.

There may be people with minimal networks and a robust enough WiFi connection that Roon will work over a wireless connection to an endpoint, but my guess is most people using Roon are hardwired ethernet. 
Hi @ironlun, thanks for chiming in around here. 
On Shunyata, you make it sound like they only make $6,000 power cords. Which is far from reality. In fact, their current lineup, Venom NR v12 is an excellent power cord, at only $398. Obviously less, if you know the right people. Give it try, you will see (hear) for yourself.

Iron lung,

This is audio not rocket science. Even 24/192 is minimal data and and any number of bit perfect options exist. Wireless networks are more than sufficient to carry audio error free with retry. Again not rocket science. Data rates are way faster than needed to recover lost packets without breaks.

Your posts are conjecture, no more.

On Shunyata, you make it sound like they only make $6,000 power cords. Which is far from reality. In fact, their current lineup, Venom NR v12 is an excellent power cord, at only $398. Obviously less, if you know the right people. Give it try, you will see (hear) for yourself.
I am fully aware that they make "entry-level" products. I don't have any issue with their products and think they are quite good. All of the other brands I mentioned also make lower priced products in the same category. My intent was to suggest that folks who do want to spend $6k on a power cord should take a listen to a few different brands first before making a conclusion for their application.