Power cord replacement suggestions

If i were to delve into the fanatic behavior of replacing power cords, is there some concensus on where the most impact would be gained, whether on source, pre, or amp, or is it just different for every system and need to experiment. Thanks for any advice.

128x128droleg
I will certainly try the cord on the pre to guage any difference.  If so, i will try the cerious high current cord for the amp. So excited..
I'm late to this thread but my experience is the most dramatic effect was when I replaced the stock cord on my phono pre (EAR 834) with Nordost Blue Heaven. I tried the cord on my int. Amp with no discernable sound improvement.
livin_262002,

If you don't mind me asking, what integrated amplifier did you try the Blue Heaven cable on?

N

Just musing out loud here but hope some worthwhile thoughts.
At what stage do you consider it is worth your time and money to invest in upgraded PC?
I mean there has to be at least a certain level of quality to your system to start with for them to make any discernible difference? Not much point spending $300 on a PC when your disc spinner is worth $250.....

Seriously curious as I do have a fair sum tied up in my system but mostly in components.
Esotric SA-50
BAT VK600SE
ARC LS2
Usher CP-6381
Cardas Quadlink 5c xlr interconnects
Straightwire Octave 2 speaker cable

As the BAT requires 2 x 15a PC, I used the stock cords going to a dedicated 2 way box I made from hospital grade components with a 3 ft whip of 8 gauge cord and a wattgate plug.
All other equipment has maybe $50 PC.

Is it time to follow the White Rabbit down the black hole of PC improvements?
My experience has been that it depends to some degree on your components.  If you have a tube preamp, a good cord makes a significant difference. My Joule Electra preamps have always liked the old school ribbon style (Electraglide et. al.)  Next would be the source. But pretty noticeable tailoring can be done on the power amp side too. I can easily tell the difference going from stock cords on my amps, to Pangea 14SE or 9SE, to TG Audio HSRi, to a 9 gauge silver cord, and up, etc.  I suspect many of us have a box/closet full of many that have fallen by the wayside, especially because once they are bettered, there's usually no going back.