Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Post removed 
Does anyone know If the HT Bypass on the Suprateks work with the unit off?  Or does it need to be powered on to function? 
Hard to believe this thread is 17 years old,  Hope I dont upset anyone by posting here, but just to let all know that Generation 3 of the Supratek preamps are now being built . Its the result of 30 years of design and essentially I went back over the many hundreds, possibly thousand designs over that period and had a good look at what worked best and incorporated it a design that isn't exactly new, and isn't old. Its still state of the art tube design, but centred squarely on sound. 
In a nut shell , Gen 3 is wider, deeper, louder and quieter.
Wider and deeper because of even more 3D quality, still the renown Supratek sound but even more engaging. 
Louder because of the explosive dynamics.
Quieter , and really proud of this, perhaps the lowest noise tube preamps out there. Certainly the moving coil phono section, which is capable of 0.1mV MC's is the quietest active tube phono with noise floor well below the vinyl noise.
One of my recent customers has a famous $30,000 phono only stage , that requires a step up, and he says the Cortese is quieter. 
I'm also proud of , that in addition to a continued reputation for fine sound the Suprateks have proven to be reliable and trouble free. I recently had a 2003 model back for a tune up, and pleased to see that it was functioning in near new sound quality .
The 2019 Gen 3 models are even better , I've built a lot of preamps since then, and learnt a lot over the years. They will still be keeping people very happy in 2036!
Its a bit unfortunate that its still the case that so many audio guys dont realize how much effect a good tube preamp can have on a system. 
They tell me a Supratek does amazing things to Magico speakers, but I've yet to hear any system that didn't have a big jump in musicality and engagement from a competent tube preamp. 
There's a couple of new Supratek preamps for sale on Audiogon at the moment, do a search. They are incredible value for what you get, I  think I've always sold the Suprateks for far less than what they should retail for, but I never could bring myself to price out of the reach of "normal" people. Its always been about the love of music and doing the best I can to spread that around. 
www.supratek.com.au
www.supratekaudio.blogspot.com.au