Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Outlier, I completely agree on the Clarendon Hills wines. I cannot recommend them highly enough (if you like grenache). I tried and liked them enough to buy a case+ each of the '01 Clarendon Hills Kangarilla, Clarendon, and Blewitt Springs single vineyard grenaches and cellar them. I also like the Liandra shiraz and can find it from time to time here in Tokyo. I have not had a chance yet to drink either the Piggot Range or the Astralis but I hope to.

Thanks for the reminder about winecommune.com. I live in Tokyo so shipping would be a problem but it IS a useful resource. I also like WineBid (something I think I learned about from fellow Agoner Twl in another thread) and Wine-Searcher.

Friday night and I'm about to open a bottle of '99 Torbreck Steading. Yum! Clink! :^)
Thanks alot guys, you've just provided me with a few more venues to vent my Epicurean nueroses, which, of course, makes you both enablers!! :0)

I'm lost in the '00 Bordeauxs right now, like a needle skipping in a groove (Help!). The Gruaud Larose is very fine...

Oh BTW Outlier, at $159 I'm speed dialing Costco's at lunch...So, much for that new amp, wire....
I hope that nobody here thinks that I would miss a fine wine discussion on the same thread with a fine preamp!

I have enjoyed the Penfold's and I have also found that there are several nice Shiraz made by Grant Burge in the Barossa Valley region of Australia. Even just his basic Shiraz at about $22/bottle is a very nice wine. He has a premium Shiraz at about $100/bottle called Meshach which is a real treat.

Asa, you are in a good place to be stuck! The '00 Bordeaux is quickly gaining the reputation as the wine of the Millenium. Get 'em while you can.
Hi there

A month ago, I ordered a Chardonnay for myself. I've found lots of problems to transfer the money to Mick's account in Australia. In short, I've lost about US$150. I told Mick about it. His answer:

"$150!!!!!!!!! You are getting ripped off - I would demand an investigation. If you dont get it back I will go half and deduct $75 from price."

Nice. Once again, Mick proved to be truly unique within this audio business. Thanks for that.