Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Its possible that the HT pypass is just an input w/unity gain. Probably accessed just by rotating the input selector to the correct position. OTOH, the Syrah does have the capability to have 2 toggles, one on the front right and other on the rear left.
The latest Supratek preamps fitted with HT-Bypass have a switch on the top plate, near the back of the preamp, in-between the two transformer covers. By-pass only works when the switch is engaged and the Supratek doesn't even need to be powered on.

This most recent iteration of HT-Bypass on Supratek's is flawless. It provides ZERO gain - ZERO attenuation.
" I placed 2 e-mails to Mick weeks ago with no response"

That's odd? I have correspondence with him last Sunday. Everytime I sent an e-mail to him, I got a response right away.

BTW, I believe the Syrah preamp does not exist anymore. It is now called a Chenin. Same linestage superiority as the Syrah but with better phono section ( taken from the Cortese) as what Flacre mentioned a few post above.
I am very interested in the Syrah or as it is called now the Chenin. I will e-mail Mick again today, and see if I get a response. A preamp that I buy will be the first preamp I have ever bought, tube or SS. I have been told that VTL matches great with Heron speakers, and I have been looking at the 5.5 which has a HT bypass on the front panel. I like that easy accessibility of the HT switch, and it sounds like the Syrah has that accessibility as well. One more question, is the remote still plastic or Aluminum or something different?
both of my preamps shipped with the plastic remote. wonder if anyone has tried to integrate the supratek preamps into one of those high-dollar universal remote jobs.