Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Yeheey, yeheey!!!!!

Stiltskin's pre is about to be completed and ship! That means mine will be next (if not second or third)!!! I ordered a few days after him!!

Congrats Stiltskin! Please update us about your impressions once you have the Chenin in your system!!!

Aaahhhhh, Patience is a virtue but time moves soooo slow when you are waiting.......

On the positive side, it's a good thing to know that although I am waiting, I am waiting for something great!

cheers....
Amandarae - patience... I think it took over 6 weeks for me to get my Cabernet after Mick started building it. He started building it in the middle of January and I got it on March 8.
Information on the possible upgrade Syrah/Chenin:

Mick told me in a e-mail that it would be a big job to put the new design into a Syrah. It would entail a complete rebuild of the phono section and would be very expensive, probably to the point of not being worthwhile.

He´s trying, though, to think of a way to upgrade the Syrahs without too much expense- has a few ideas and hopes to have a solution soon.
Jazzdude,

Thanks for the heads up! At least now I have a perspective on what to expect approaching the final phase of the waiting game.

Thanks again, and I am pretty sure you are having a blast with your Cabernet!

cheers....
After following this thread for quite some time, I have jumped on the bandwagon. After emailing back and forth with Mick, last night I ordered the Chenin with a bit of custom work to change the output tube in order to better mate with the input impedence on my amps. Mick is an amazing and very acommodating gentleman. I was able to get in the line for a new Chenin at the pre April 1st price increase, and only an additional 100.00 charge for the custom work. I am going to TRY to wait patiently for it's arrival and not pester Mick about how long it will take to get here. Judging from what everyone is saying, the phono will blow away my ARC SP 9 MKII phono stage. I am so impressed by how the units look as well. They are works of art.