Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I received an email from Brad Sunday 3/11 stating that the umbilical "will be on it's way shortly", apologizing for the "unforeseen delay"..... I will post once it arrives.

On another subject: I just finished replacing the stock feet on both the PS and the head unit with Walker Audio Valid Points and Resonance Discs. Noise floor seems to have dropped another 10-20% over the rubber stock feet.
Post removed 
Ooslik...I find it interesting that you mention the following: "...the impression I am getting is that the transients are a bit faster with less glare throughout the musical range." I have burned in for 200 hours both the line and phono stages of my Cortese. I am still getting what I hear as some glare or harshness in the upper midrange, especially with instruments like trumpets. I did not have this before purchasing the Cortese, which was the only component that changed in my system. Let's just say that my previous preamp, built by an extremely brilliant friend I had known, no longer became serviceable. It too was an extremely fine unit with fairly high gain. Anyhow, I've tried some tube rolling ( replacing Sovteks will Mullard, Amperex, Siemens, etc.) but still haven't scotched the problem. I have yet to try the likes of 6SN7s by Ken Rad, RCA or Tungsol. I otherwise like the Cortese very, very much. It is a superb component. But there is that somewhat "glaring" issue that you've experienced too. I'm wondering what needs to be done to neutralize it. I still do have other options beyond tubes that I've yet to try, but do you, or any others having faced the same issue, have any suggestions---or---have any of you found as solution for it ? Thanks very much.
Opus88,
I think I've experienced similar midrange problem with my Chenin as well. My experience with tube rolling is very limited, but I feel NOS RCA Grey Glass helped in this regard.
I feel that most of the Supratek owners are kind of hush regarding this very issue and reading this thread very carefully, I've come across very few owners posting similar impressions as well.
I'm sure system synergy is very important, and one has to be very careful pairing Supratek preamps with the "right" amp and speakers.
I decided to give it another chance and oredered Cortese and Mondeuse, hoping that synergy will be "right".
Please, do share your further impressions.
I have ordered umbilical cord from Brad on 02/01/2007, every week he is promising to ship it next week. I really hope that this is not a scam. After one month he stopped answering my emails. I called him, he is just about to send it (for the forth time). What would not just he say that there is a 2 month backorder ? Why do some people do not have any regards to what they are saying? No self respect whatsoever....