Question re: DAC with network/streaming capability

Hi all, looking at revamping my digital front end, which comprises Meridian 206 CD player, Linn Majik DS digital streamer plus Oppo UDP-205 BD player.

My goal is to add music server/streamer capabilities while improving overall SQ while replacing Meridian & Linn.

Seriously considering Innuos Zenith mk3 given the rave review AND the facts that it ticks a few boxes: Network streamer, music server, CD ripping, supports for Roon & MQA.

Questions:

1: While Zenith does offer codec for different formats such as FLAC, AAC, MQA as well as network streaming for Tidal, Qubuz etc, can I simply focus on possibly older DAC/SACD+DAC combo (such as dCS Debussy or Playback Designs MPS-5) as long as it supports PCM and DSD over PCM (DoP), which are the output formats from Zenith?

2: IF I do get one of the newer/top end DAC like dCS Bartok where it DOES support FLAC/AAC. When I play files stored in Zenith, will I be using the Codec from Bartok or Zenith?

3: Being greedy here, IS there any device out there that incorporates the function of SACD transport/DAC/Streamer/Music server in one box while offering comparable SQ as per above combo?
alecela
1. Yes
2. I don’t think you understand codec, the Zenith will have the software to decode FLAC/ACC sending PCM to the DAC. Unless you use the Bartok as a streamer through the ethernet connection where it takes the FLAC/ACC from a storage device or online service like Tidal then it will decode. The dCS is a streamer/ DAC.
3. Not that I am aware of.
If the dCS Bartok can be a Roon endpoint you don't need the Zenith. RIP your CDs to a NAS or a harddrive and connect to it.