Retirement System Finally Completed: Impression of the Mola Mola Tambaqui

I have made the last upgrade to my system for enjoyment in retirement.  The Wyred4Sound 10th Anniversary DAC that has provided much musical enjoyment for almost 7 years was replaced with a Mola Mola Tambaqui (MMT).  While I find the 10th to be the best DAC at its price point, 3x the spend provides greater performance across the board.  I auditioned Mola Mola competitors from DCS and Bricasti but chose the MMT.  The decision to go with the MMT was based on the its ability to produce accurate timbre and organic/dense images with state of the art detail that is neither etched nor fatiguing.  The DCS was as detailed but with a more laidback presentation and less dynamic.  Also I personally found the MMT more true to timbre where the DCS had a colder presentation.  The Bricasti was a close second to the MMT IMHO.  The bass performance, organic/dense images and dynamics of the MMT made favor it.  To clarify, all three are phenomenal, differences minor, and choice should be based on personal preference.  I also chose the MMT based on my preference in SQ and system matching. The Burmester 032 IA and Vivid Giya G3s Speakers are consistent with the system design intent and the components complement each other in this regard.   To me, the sound is tube like liquid and sweet but with solid state transient speed, micro/macro dynamics, and clarity.  Aficionados of old school tube sound and ladder DACs may not like this system, but that is the beauty of our hobby - each of us can determine our preferences and build systems to our liking.  There will be no further changes now that I am on fixed income and I dare not propose any or the wife acceptance factor will go into the red danger zone.  Shout out to GTT audio and Bill for his patients and knowledge in working with me to get the MMT.  I will enjoy the system always with a good bourbon or cognac in hand for as many years as He permits.  Thanks to all the members of this forum who have educated me over the years to be able to establish my final system for retirement.  Pics updated in my profile.  

jsalerno277

Congrats on your system. Burmiester and the Vivids go hand in hand. 
I see you have podiums on the Vivids. I am on my second set of them. What percentage bump did you feel they gave you? I think they are a great value for the increase in Sq.

I remember hearing the first version of the Giya G1 about 14 years ago. Was like nothing I heard before as the music was totally detached from the speaker. Heard their latest version this spring at Axpona and did not disappoint .

Congrats  again and here’s to keeping your health and hearing!!

Congrats on the system!  What a beautiful post documenting your journey to obtaining a such a wonderful system.  You simply can't beat a system with a Mola Mola Tambaqui and Vivid Audio G3s2 speakers at anywhere near their price!  Here's to many years of amazing music in your home!

Congrats to you!!!  I'm happy to report that I too have finally completed my retirement system this year after spending the past four years putting it together.    The core on my retirement system consists of Revel Salon 2 speakers, Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty streaming DAC, Hegel H590 integrated amp and Roon Nucleus Plus music server.  I also spent great time and expense upgrading all my cabling over the past four years as well.  I'm one extremely happy camper for the foreseeable future!!!  Happy listening.   

Post removed 
Post removed