Roon vs the world (streaming software)

I have compared Roon to the lumin app so far and found lumin app layout and playlist management really frustrating. Not to mention minimserver and the lumin app need to scan all your music while roon its just automatically populates. Also to save a file or album to a playlist you have to load the play list first. So many little annoyances. What software are you running if you are streaming? Can anyone compete with roon?
I am in my 3rd year of annual roon membership and I didn’t want to have to go to lifetime as its really pricey ($700 USD). But at this time I don’t think I have a choice.
smodtactical
Half way through my first year with Roon. Love it. Probably with get the lifetime membership soon. 
I'm surprised no one has given Roon a run for their money as an app based one time purchase for reasonable money would be a big deal I think.  

I went from Bluesound OS which is great and I thought even better than Sonos to running the Lumin app with my Teac NT-505 and sound was a huge step up but interface was not nearly as nice.

Had a free 60 day Roon trial and it was definitely a huge improvement from the Lumin software.  I haven't ponied up for a subscription yet as I wanted to go back first to see what I'm missing which is quite a bit.

Roon definitely isn't perfect but it does integrate your local library well and it also loops all your streaming devices together pretty much regardless of brand seamlessly which is really it's greatest strength.

I'll probably pony up for a year and then if nothing more exciting comes along go lifetime.  That's really my fear is that you go lifetime and then someone else blows them out of the water and you're switching to the next big thing after having paid for lifetime with Roon.
I tried BluOs, Lumin and Roon interfaces. 
The Roon interface is for me by far the best, very informative and best Tidal integrattion.

I recently upraded my hardware substantially and to my ears the SQ of roon is substantially better than BluOs and Lumin interfaces. 
My experience.
I tried BluOs, Lumin and Roon interfaces. 
The Roon interface is for me by far the best, very informative and best Tidal integrattion.

I recently upraded my hardware substantially and to my ears the SQ of roon is substantially better than BluOs and Lumin interfaces. 
My experience.
I was using iPeng and I agree the sound of Roon is substantially better.  I have Roon on my Music Server.  I wonder how much better it would sound if I moved it to a nucleus or similiar device.