Ryan Speakers MCL-4

I just got a good deal on this vintage ryan speakers.  I haven't really listened to them yet because they are bi-wire and I don't have a bi-wire cable.  I plan on making a jumper for them.  There is not much information about them online.  Have any of you have any experience with these speakers?

rviloria

Seems like this is a rare one.  I hooked them up and finally was able to listen to them.  Here's my take on them.  Midrange on up is superb.  Vocals have nice presence and scarily real at times.  Very nuetral to the recording.  If the recording is great, you will hear it.  So in that regard it's not quite suited for some pop and rock recording.  Throw in a nice acoustic or well recorded record and you will here all the ambience and the room.  Female vocals specially comes through very clear.  It's a joy listening to jazz.  Instruments just naturally appear in the soundstage.  Bass is a little soft, but I suspect, they just need a bit more time to loosen up.  I don't think the prior owner gave these speakers the right treatment.  He was running a vintage marantz reciever for christ sake.  I listened to them with my Quicksilver mid monos at 40w/channel.  It was enough to drive them to insane levels but I think they will even sound better with a solid state amp as they are 88bd efficient.  If you come across these on the used market, grab them.  Highly recommended.