SACD 2 channel vs Redbook 2 Channel

Are they the same? Is one superior? Are they system dependent?
matchstikman
Properly implemented Redbook 2 Channel I more musical and more interesting then SACD 2 Channel. It is not the fundamental advantage but the implemental. The properly done 16-bit is fairly rare (most of the people in here never heard it and never will) but it exists. The properly done SACD is not available yet and I do not know if it ever will be.

Rgs,
Romy the Cat
Little_milton: Thats a pretty obvious copout for an answer.

So you want proof? Here are the majority of SACD players available: http://www.avguide.com/players_recorders/sacd_players.jsp

Why dont you try and list 2-3 dozen more SACD players for us?How about just 1 more dozen? It shouldnt be hard to name off 12 more SACD players the way your talking so go right ahead. That would basically be half of my claim of only 3-4 dozen SACD players in existance or under current production. Its not gonna happen, youll probably put up another " i dont have to prove anything" post.Thats normally what people do when they dont have anything intelligent to post.Your user name fits you to date. I bet your foot tastes good though.

Oh thats right, lets go on the list of available SACD's, I claimed how many? 3-400 maybe?? OK here some more links:http://www.buy.com/retail/music/searchresults.asp?search_store=6&querytype=music&qu=sacd&loc=109&dclksa=1

Here is another:http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/outpdir.jsp?OVRAW=sacd%20&OVKEY=sacd&OVMTC=standard&doSearch=y&search=sacd

The above links are the 2 places that have the most titles.

Sony stated they would have over 2000 titles in 2001. Were almost in 2004. I dont think there are even close to 500 out. And alot of those 500 arent even worth purchasing.

So I need to face what? I got no what?Proof? :eyes rolling: "THe burden of proof lies in the believer" Ill have to remember that line. I bet you use that one alot when you have that size 12 stuck between your gums.

"thanks for playing".............
Ritteri- Check out http://www.sacdinfo.com there are well over 1500 SACD's available at this time and that's just what is in the database, Stephen(the founder of SACDinfo) is always behind and can't keep up with all of the SACD's coming out. You really should stop making assumptions that you know everything audio because in addition to this thread there is at least one more that you are way off base on- i.e. engaging in arguements you clearly do not have all of the facts.

As a side note- seeing as SACD isn't taking off I felt I should share that I got a free SACD sampler disc in with my Rolling Stone magazine this month! So it simply must not be catching on since they've had full page ads for at least 6 months and now a free sampler disc ¤eyeroll¤ oh yea it doesn't sound any better either.

Ok now take everything I typed out of context and tell me that I am wrong, that would really be beneficial to everyone here- or at least you could take your foot out of YOUR mouth!
Tireguy: OK lets take that list of SACD's and filter out the ones NOT in English. OK, this knocks off quite a few hundred right off the bat.

Then lets filter out the "SACD's" that you cant even buy! Alot of these titles have yet to be released even! And in many cases will never be released.

That brings us down to about how many? 4-500 as I stated?

Sony stated over 2500 titles would be out 3 years ago?

Quote from Tireguy: "Ok now take everything I typed out of context and tell me that I am wrong, that would really be beneficial to everyone here"

Yep, you are wrong.

Hows that free "sampler" disc treating you? Guess how many of those will never see a SACD player? Probably your copy and a few other people here on Agon. I bet thats not too far off from the truth either.

How does your size 12 taste Tireguy? =)

Ritteri writes:
I dont think there are even close to 500 out.
I have 600 SACDs. If I was more of a classical music buff I'd probably have a lot more.

Regards,