sacd,vinyl, and rebook....

Just to echo some common remarks:

"sacd is like vinyl without the clicks and pops"

"sacd is a marginal improvement, if any, over redbook"

"sacd is a smoke and mirrors ht campaign designed for multi-channel use and copyright protection agendas"

at any rate...which of the above best describes this format?
128x128phasecorrect
A better question might be, (since this tread is about 'curious' RIAA numbers), is: How many of your SACDs were bought overseas?

Of my 43, 30 were bought over at JPC and amazon UK in Europe, and 13 here in the states.
"A better question might be, (since this tread is about 'curious' RIAA numbers), is: How many of your SACDs were bought overseas?"

jdaniel- This thread is about Phasecorrect' questions
about the SACD format.

I think - "sacd is a smoke and mirrors ht campaign designed for multi-channel use and copyright protection agendas," best describes the format. What do you think?

After purchasing another Redbook CD made from a DSD recording, the high frequency problems outlined above are very audible.
A friend of mine who has the Wadia 850, Cary 2A3, VPI TNT Jr and Alon Adriana's has finally decided to buy the Grahams Turntable and some good arm to upgrade his vinyl gear, his budget is between $3,000-5,000. He heard the SACD and after that made the decision. If he decides to sell his VPI TNT Jr, I will have the option to buy it off him, but, if he decides to keep it, it will go into his bedroom system.

I personally think he is wise in making the decision to follow the vinyl route.