Sellers adding for PayPal use is plainly BS

I am just curious, why charging buyer, in such a blatant way, for PayPal service that SELLER is enjoying? If those 2-3% will 'impoverish' given seller, why not including them in selling price? As a matter of principal, i'll never buy from such a seller!
eldragon
In the past, I was selling quite a few MFSL CDs on ebay. I encouraged the use of PayPal. After all, it was quick and free!!! Now that there is a 2.9% fee, I think it really depends on the situation. If the seller is really needing money and doesn't want to wait for a money order, he should be willing to pay the fee. If the buyer is really in a hurry for the product and doesn't want to wait, he should pay the fee. These two cases assume that the other doesn't care about the time frame of the transaction. If both the buyer and the seller want the benefit of a fast transaction, maybe they should split the fee.
I use PayPal for my auctions and never charge extra and I refuse to pay extra. If you used your credit card to buy something at a store, how would you like to have to pay extra for the privelege?
In addition to BOWBOW points:

1. what if the buyer doesnt have the cash can only buy with the use of a credit card? Does that not benefit the buyer?

2. why should the seller pay an extra $90 on a $3000 amp and when he could sell to a Cashiers check paying person and get full price?

I often times, in order to try out stuff to see what is all about, will use a credit card (Paypal) to give me a little float on the payment...using the Credit card co. $$$ instead of mine....I would not moan over paying 3% for that benefit.

I tend to split the fees (add 2%) when I sell....(i share the above stated advantages)
In CA and some other states it's illegal to advertise a 3% fee for pay-pal. Check the fine print at e-bay. Someone pointed that out to me once and they were right.