SME 20/2 SME V or Triplanar VII?

I'm in the process of acquiring an SME 20/2 and I would like to know others' thoughts and experiences with deciding whether to arm it with the SME V or the Triplanar VII.
Ag insider logo xs@2xcipherjuris
Garsh, Speedy, I have no idea about trade-ins, since my "dealer" doesn't take trades. But you should have no trouble selling a W or a V on the Gon. Tranny cartridges seem to go very fast. I'd have to know a lot more about the Orpheus' design changes/improvements before I'd throw more money in that direction though. I think my Temper W is a pretty amazing device, both sonically and in terms of engineering elegance.

What you need to do right now is lease an amp from somebody ;--)
SirSpeedy,

Why not just buy a used amp, here or on ebay, then sell it when the Rowland comes back? It would probably net out at virtually zero cost.
I will be comparing the Universe to the XV-1s in the next 2-3 weeks. I will post my impressions. I have been told the Universe is excellent on classical. The XV-1s can be had for near the price of the Trannys indicated above.
Thanks all!The dealer I used in the past had a superb trade in on Tranny designs.So,this will be the way to go.
As to Doug,you make sense,but I think I'll keep my fingers crossed regarding my own amp.One reason is that I have added some interesting new mods,and an additional "line component" to my system,and don't want to "voice" to any parameters other than with my own amp in line.My friends think I was nuts,not to take a free loaner,but I did not think it would take so long.Apparently a problem with suppliers of particular parts.
BTW--when I heard the UNIV,it was fabulous on non classical stuff,as well as classical.I heard the XV-1s for a shorter period,and believe it could "do" any musical type too.It will be a matter of choice,but to "pigeon hole" a particular cartridge design into a specific musical category(when we are at this level) is wrong.

Best!
Sirspeedy,
How about you contact Jeff Rowland and take him up on his offer for the "loaner" now and then you won't care how long it takes him to get your amp done?
Jeff might even send you an amp that is the equivalent of your amp or a level above yours.
Rgds,
Larry