SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
If you are considering TW you might also want to look at a Transrotor. I was firmly in the Oracel camp until I picked up a Transrotor Fat Bob a few months ago. A very superior bearing, even quieter in operation than the Oracle, which was the quietest I had heard to that point. You must get the magnetic bearing model, however, to achieve that silence. Excellent workmanship also.

Dover,

your responces are the most rediculous specially with what you said about Oracle being in and out of business, talking about a manufacture of such and then putting your foot in your mouth responding saying your table was in the closet for 10 Years, oh my how do you spell looser. Your postings have no credibilty after making such statements.

You obviously being in agreement with In_shore's reply, thins only further demonstrates the type of individual you really are.

If I'm wrong I will gladly admit it.

In relation to In_shore he is far from being perfect himself and one to talk, all one needs to do is look at his own posting in relation to thread titled;

"Motor Controller effect on analog sound"

which TW product was being made in reference due to another thread getting off track and him babbling away and then being corrected politely and responds back saying;

05-31-11: In_shore
Dan_ed you are right.It was so early in the morning getting through my first cup of coffee and not paying attention to the responses of the op's question.
Just a galloping case of tunnel vision I guess.
Never the less I think it could be worth while to try out better motors. I do have a good candidate for this I think ,a Micro Seiki RX1500fvg.

Notice he still has to offer a snyd remark and suggest there is something wrong with the motors which is a farse and adds sugesting "Micro Seiki".

Others reading may not know but I know he is a Micro Seiki fan which is okay but his remarks are not called for, does he provide any proof for making such a bold statement? No

Just another snyd remark like I mentioned above. A few of you guys have problems with staying on track and on toppic and just seem to like to troll, have hidden adgendas and post negative postings in one way or another, seem to like to attack other members, either sugesting their gear is not any good etc.

You need to get a life, you are most likely just envy, never actually had the pce. in your own set up and are just enjoy being a idiote.
Dev,

Please read the following comments from Stereophile :
Stereophile Posted: Aug 27, 2008 • Published: May 1, 1986 Anthony Cordesman
"Earlier Delphi motors were noisy or had quality-control problems. Some had audible long-term wow."

http://www.stereophile.com/content/oracle-delphi-turntable-mf-delphi-mkv-part-2
Michael Fremer -
"Between 1986 and the demise of the original Oracle company in 1994, another 6000 Mk.IIIs and Mk.IVs were built.

As you can see the original Oracle company closed in 1994, and many owners were left with no support. If you read the articles most of the spare parts were thrown away.

By the way
Rediculous is spelt ridiculous
Snyd is spelt snide

and the answer to your question "oh my how do you spell looser" is loser, with one "o".
When someone is looking for a different Brand , there is some interesting information about Turntables, details in the technical papers from BASIS Audio.
These are no-nonsense products. Sometimes available 2.hand.
Dover, you obviously missed that, my spelling that is.

Again with your snyd or as you put it snide remarks,you just can't resist which suggests what? would you like me to refer to your past threads and point out such? Ya I'll agree my spelling lacks but you are far from being perfect.

First you made a statements in relation to Oracle saying;

"but as soon as you put a piano piece on the wow became unlistenable"

That may be your opinion which is okay but as you can see by reading the OP's responce does not agree with you and was a insult made by you, so you making such a reply is what????

Then in another thread you go on further to sugest Oracle has been in and out of business a number of times.

As per member Manitunc he replies;

"if you beieve you are correct, then name at least two times that Oracle has been in and out of business. You would need at least two to say a "number" of times."

I still don't see a reply to that.

This posting isn't about you or I so lets not debate such, if you could only try stay on topic and if you have nothing nice to say just keep it to your self.