So many integrated options -- McIntosh 8900, Levinson 585, Lyngdorf 2170, Anthem STR,

just to name a few that I'm considering.  Here's my current situation and what I'm thinking.  I'm currently running a Denon AVR X5200, which is a top level AV receiver, but I use a very powerful Krell power amp, the FPB 400cx, to power the front L/R speakers.  It actually sounds decent, but for my two channel listening, I'm limited to the quality of the pre-amp section in the Denon.  Now, the 400cx is a class A amp, runs very hot, and weighs over 100 pounds.  So, I'm wondering if I can improve my overall sound quality by going with a high end integrated amp for my two channel listening.  I'd also be getting rid of one huge, heavy, and hot box and reducing the need for interconnect cables.

Now, all these units include a home theater bypass, so I could continue to use my Denon for my Blu-ray movies and TV watching, thereby preserving my multi-channel system.  I also use my Oppo 203 to play multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio over HDMI into the Denon.  With one of these integrated amps, I could then connect my Oppo's digital output, my laptop pc, and my turntable, to the IA.  I would think the DAC and associated analog output stages, as well as the phono stage quality of the integrated amps would be superior to that of the Denon receiver.

As to my integrated amp options, I really like the functionality of the McIntosh 8900 in that it can truly serve as a "one box" solution because it includes a nice phono stage.  It also has the upgradeable DAC module, which has the potential to somewhat "future proof" it in case McIntosh releases an upgraded module.  200 wpc.

The ML No. 585 has the highest list price and has great reviews, although it's been out a few years.  It does not offer a modular DAC or phono input, although I could easily obtain a nice phono stage.  200wpc.

The Lyngdorf is currently very hot here on Agon and people are heaping praise on its sound quality.  Again, it has a DAC but no phono stage. Not as much power as the 8900, STR, or 585.

The Anthem STR Integrated is new and also includes MM and MC phono inputs.  200 wpc.  Includes Anthem Room Correction.

Any opinions or experience here with these options?  Thanks much.
mtrot
Post removed 
Deleted my previous post since @mtrot answered part of it.

@uberwaltz You answered my question, to a degree. Thank you.

I’m trying to get a better feel for what the Lyngdorf does, which is why I asked the question. I believe it is germane to the original post given the central crux of the OP’s question and because the Lyngdorf is a possible choice.I’m also in the thick of it regarding choosing an integrated amplifier, the T+A Dave/audiotroy recommends being one of them. Any discussion that adds to the understanding of one of his amp choices, is in my opinion, helpful to him and the community.
@mtrot

Exactly my prior misgivings on room correction.
However after reading numerous actual owner reviews I took the plunge on the Lyngdorf.
My room is terrible acoustics wise and bass has always been an issue and after running the RoomPerfect and sat down for the first serious listening session I was a believer.

Prior to the Lyngdorf I used Hegel h300 and h160, these were no slouch at all but my room still gave me bass issues.
In my room and system the classe sigma was the least satisfying, on paper it sounded great, in reality it just did not gel for me. Maybe with wimpier speakers that were bass deficient it could be good. With my Wilson’s and 12 inch drivers bass was even more overblown that the Hegel.
Now I am a hardcore basshead, no doubt about it but it has to be defined, controlled bass not one note boom!
The Lyngdorf works on both digital and analog sources in my system extremely well.
Just my results in my system and my ears.
YMMV
@david_ten 

Glad can help in any way.
I strongly believe one of the Lyngdorf main strengths is the RoomPerfect and its superb volume control.
I find the software and its ease of use to be a huge bonus.
Now that being said Lyngdorf has just released a new more powerful integrated, the 3400.
This has 200wpc, a built in media player and the ability to tailor the room perfect curve after it has been performed if you feel you need more or know better than Lyngdorf..lol.
No reviews out on that yet and at a $7k price tag it may pay to wait and see how it is received.
It all depends a bit on the other gear you want to use. Personally I have given up on analogue sources (I am deeply convinced of the superiority of digital), and I use a very good stereo system with large speakers and a sub for HT. If you are willing to consider that route you may want to consider the new DSpeaker Antimode X4, and use it with your existing Krell power amp. The X4 lacks a mc input, but it does have a both rca and xlr analogue inputs, so you could add a mc phono pre amp if you really wanted. The X4 is a preamp, DAC, electronic crossover and room eq unit of very high quality. See here: http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-x4.shtml
Earlier DSpeaker units like the Antimode 80333 (dsp subwoofer room eq) and Antimode Dual Core (basic pre amp and main speaker or subwoofer room eq) were very well received by both Stereophile and The Absolute Sound.