Sony TTS 8000 w Sony PUA 1600L

Does anyone have experience with this table? Arm? Would it be in the same league as the Technics Sp10 Mk II? I know its fairly rare, but is it desireable?
Thanks for your responses.
rloggie
Interesting, I had not seen one outside Japan for a while...

Not sure now about the plinths. Was going to make my own, only because I did not find one with plinth, but if I could get the TB-2000, I would probably take it. It is a pretty bulky/heavy plinth on its own. I don't know if the one with the arms is as good - though if they were the same price, I would go for the one with two arm slots. FWIW, I have never seen replacement armboard slots (though they must exist somewhere).
I have the Victor TT101 in a Japanese heavy lead plinth with soft rubber feet similar to the TB-2000 - works great, total isolation from vibration. I also got the PUA 1600L at the same time and I use that as well on an SP-10 and a Micro-Seiki RX-5000. Great arm, simple to set up and use. Seems to work best with mid compliance carts, not in the same league though as my Audiocraft AC-4400. For the money it is a great buy, and I understand the audiophiles in Europe are just beginning to recognize the stellar performance of this vintage arm. I would rate it on a par with the FR 64Fx silver and a tad below the Triplanar. I have not rewired it yet and that would be an upgrade to enhance performance I suspect. I also like the Yamamoto wood headshell in preference to the Sony as it smooths out the cartridges. I like my Sony XL-55 Pro II with the 1600L and of course this is a fixed headshell cart. On the other hand I struggle to get my Technics EPC 205C Mk 3 to work well in this arm, so I conclude that a low compliance cart will not be as good.

I would like to try the PUA-9 versus the 1600 as the PUA-7 I have on my Sony PSX-70 is a very nice arm, albeit wired in semi auto mode. Don't see PUA-9's come up for sale though, unless on a big Sony deck. Still lusing after a PS-X9!

Hope that helps

Steve
Analoghifi, I applaud your sentiments (cuz I got one) but can you elaborate? As a first and so far only post to Audiogon, eager readers have no basis of reference. Have you compared it to anything? Found it better or worse in any particular way? have you listened to it in original, after-market, or custom plinth? Eager readers want to know...
Hello,

and sorry i forgot my system release. Here is a picture of my TTS-8000. This plinth was only for testing, but it runs over 1 year. ;-) http://i39.tinypic.com/32znbe1.jpg

Currently, I plan a new plinth.