SP10 Mk II vs Mk III

A couple of guys here were planning to do listening comparisons of the Technics SP10 Mk II vs the Mk III, in their own homes and systems. Has anyone actually completed such a comparison? I am wondering whether the "upgrade" to the Mk III is actually worth it in terms of audible differences between the two tables. Possibly mounting either table in a well done wooden or slate plinth mitigates any sonic differences that would otherwise be heard. I am thinking of Albert Porter and Mike Lavigne in particular, who were going to do the comparison. Thanks for any response.
lewm
Rnadelman, Look for a good standard SP10 Mk2 or 2A. (There is some scuttlebutt around that the 2A is less reliable. The excellent person who has serviced both my 2 and my 2A and many of Albert's tables sees no important differences. I think the 2A may use more ICs in its circuit vs discrete transistors.) Try to avoid tables that have been abused at radio stations. Some of these will have oddball power suppies, which is a sign that you are looking at such a beast. Basically, if the table runs at all 3 speeds and does not look beaten to death, you should be good to go, because you should plan on replacing all the (about 20) electrolytic capacitors in the circuit right away. It's not as bad as it sounds; excellent quality modern electrolytics will only cost you $1 or $2 each. I recommend Panasonic FC (for low voltage) and ED (for high voltage) types. It's important to do this, because a leaky electrolytic can take down an irreplaceable IC or transistor. Then you will want to clean and re-lube the bearing, which is no big deal either. A step by step instuction is to be found on the internet..
Lewm and guys

Do you think I should re-cap my SP-10 mkII that is "virtually brand new"?
Lewm and guys

Do you think I should re-cap my SP-10 mkII that is "virtually brand new"?

It may be new to you but it's probably 20 years old and those caps are aged and due to fail.

Your sound will be better with modern Panasonic FC caps or black gate. Not a lot of money and you can prevent an old cap going and taking out a hard to find part.
Actually, unless it's a Mk2A, it is at least 30 years old, since date of manufacture. Obviously, I agree with Albert. My Mk2A had been fully serviced by Panasonic/Technics in 1989 and was not used thereafter; it was still in its shipping carton when I bought it. Nevertheless, I did the work noted, or I had it done by a pro. (I serviced the bearing and replaced the caps in the PS myself, then I gave it over to Bill Thalmann, to replace remaining caps in the on-board electronics, check speed, calibrate, etc.)
I will then look into replacing the capacitors in my SP-10 mkII. I am just scared of damaging the unit in one way or another.