Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
LEWM I'm trying to get ahold of you regarding my Soundlab A1-PX I can't find your email address anywhere. If you see this can you email me at vanderdm@shaw.ca Thanks!!
I loved the Heybrook HB1s I had in the U.K. in the mid 80s, then in '91 went to floorstanders that I still have in my home theater, Snell EIIIs, now my two channel system uses the Gallo 3.1s which I love the look and sound of, which will make it hard to part with them... but the call to greater efficiency is making me look around.
10 years. U decided yet?

A Maggie man, here, but your budget was unstated and surely crucial to a decision.

I have found that the better the electronics, the better they sound.
I am not in the next 5 years, going to change my speakers, and if I do I will have to spend over $50K. The speaker I am talking about is the awesome Venture Audio CR-8 Signature.