Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
10 years. U decided yet?

A Maggie man, here, but your budget was unstated and surely crucial to a decision.

I have found that the better the electronics, the better they sound.
I am not in the next 5 years, going to change my speakers, and if I do I will have to spend over $50K. The speaker I am talking about is the awesome Venture Audio CR-8 Signature.
I just acquired a pair of well kept, original owner Altec 846A Valencia's. I hooked them up to my system and, due to their old school binding posts, was limited to using a pair of Monster Cables that were showing green flecks of oxidation from languishing in the closet since my college days back in the early 80's. I was absolutely floored by how great they sound! Large/deep soundstage; I am hearing details in LPs and CDs I've never heard before. It was both exhilarating and slightly depressing in the sense that I was blown away by a speaker that was 45+ years old. I'm running them in a primarily Audio Research tube system, but I hope to pair these efficient speakers with a flea powered SET amp one day. Other than an eventual stripping and refinishing, these speakers are good to go and are keepers!