Spendor s8e or Devoe Super 8

I am going to upgrade from a pair of spendor S5e's to either the S8e's or Devore Super 8's. Any recommendations?

Thanks
zquarters
Post removed 
I am buying used. I doubt that I will be able to audition the Devores, but I have heard great things about them. I have learned in the past that auditioning speakers
in a showroom and then getting them home are two different things. That is why I buy them used. Thanks Tvad.
Post removed 
I've had both the Spendor S5e and the S8e. They are great speakers. I've never heard the Devores.

I recently sold my S8es to keep a pair of Spendor's classic SP1/2E. The midrange tonality of the classic model is a little more accurate than the S8e. However, the S8e has better deep bass and is more comfortable at volume. (It plays loud but would not be the recommended speaker for a head-banger.)

For me, the SP1/2E is a better choice. However, if I listened primarily to pop/rock I would have kept the S8e. The S5e is a great little speaker and you can find them used at $1,000 or even a bit under right now so are a great buy. However, I'd really make a run for the S8e if possible.