Step Up Transformer 100v

I saw on another thread that Sanyo and Nissyo step up transformers had been suggested for use in Japan. I wondered if anyone could say a lttle more? Does a step up transformer affect SQ? Are there any other units or solutions for 115v to 100v people would recommend? Thanks very much!
nagoya
Not sure of these step up/down transformers will do it for you. I am using a 2000 watt transformer here in the US with my Swiss made coffee machine and it is awesome. I also plan on using a 1500 watt for myGerman built 230 volt audio equipment.

http://www.amazon.com/LiteFuze-LT-1500-Voltage-Converter-Transformer/dp/B00370R3SW/ref=pd_sim_e_7

When it is on and at idlde with no current source on or in use, the 2000 watt transformer only used 6 watts as measured with my power usage meter. When the coffee machine was making coffee or when it initially turned on, it surged up to 1450 watts. This transformer is also very quiet. I was stationed in Germany for many years and I used many a stepdown transformer for US made equipment. I can tell you from experience, this is really a quiet transformer. I only hope it will work for you.

Good luck,
Audioquest4life
Thanks again for the replies. The Swallow transformer looks very good but it's pretty heavy and expensive. I have found another one, however. It's supposed to be made for audio, runs quiet I am told, and is rated at 1500v. Here's the link:

http://noguchi-trans.co.jp/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=308&products_id=4883

It's made by Noguchi Transformers. Its pretty expensive at 20,000 yen. Thanks!
Hello again Nagoya;
Just checking back with you to see if you have purchased a transformer for yourself yet. I have 2 of the Signal DU-2's I mentioned available for a great deal if you are still considering one. They are quite heavy at 56lbs each, but sound great when wired balanced, and can easily be wired to step up or down your voltage as well. I have one that is wired already in a custom box, with an outlet and power cord. The other is just a brand new DU-2, un-used. Let me know if you are interested.
Hello, thank you very much for the offer. I don't have a transformer yet but in the next week or so I going to visit Noguchi transformers in Akihabara. I think they do an audio specific step up trans. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out. But I think 56lbs would be very expensive to ship. Apologies for the delayed reply but I couldn't login recently. Thanks!
I did buy a Noguchi transformer. It's specifically for audio, so it's very quiet and works well. It's rated at 1500v, so it can easily cope with my 50w amp. Thanks!