Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
People who play stupid games get stupid prizes. - Old audiophile expression 

😬

People who play stupid games get stupid prizes.

And playing the fuse game, get the the biggest stupid prize, because not one Audio Tech with any cred will play that snake oil game, unless they have no cred and are in it for monitory gain.

Cheers George
My fuse saga began several years ago when I tried and liked the Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuses in my Primaluna mono blocks. Later, I bought my first Synergistic Black fuse out of curiosity and after having had favorable experience with other of their products over the years.

Based on the obviously positive results with the first fuse, I eventually came to replace all of the fuses in my system one by one (or two by two in the case of my amps), I enjoyed improvements in sound quality with every step. These improvements were consistent from component to component, and I found that the cumulative effect was not strictly additive, but, dare I say it--synergistic.

Taken together, the front wall of my room disappears, my relatively modest speakers disappear, and all who visit--audio buffs or not--marvel at the experience of hearing their favorite artists like they never have before. That's the fun of this hobby, and it harms no one. It makes this retiree very happy every time I fire up my system and "spin" my favorite tunes.
Yep ... Andy gets it. 

And now that we're on the subject of turntables ....

Over the past few months I've had the pleasure of hearing three different systems where the owners have gotten into the classic rim drive turntables where they have changed out the plinth, tone arm, etc.  The systems have ranged from ultra high end (excess of 300k) using VERY expensive electronics and speakers to a much more modest system tonight using classic Marantz tube gear.

After hearing the results, if I were to do it over again, I'd seriously consider going this route. What these tables do when properly modified is quite astounding. They are so much closer to producing the actual DRIVE of live music, especially on jazz recordings.

I've heard 100k+ analog setups that don't do what these table do. Oh, the expensive ones are truly great, but in the area of where the music is really at, they just don't seem to get the job done as well. A real toe tappin' ... head noddin' experience. 

During each of these sessions, the owners had more than one turntable to make comparisons with. In all three sessions, we kept going back to the rim drive tables as our preferred listening source.

For the listening session tonight, we compared a properly set up Goldmund Studio table to a modified rim drive table.  The Goldmund was smoother and quieter in its presentation and really good. The rim drive ... was alive. That's it ... alive. 

I don't know if any of you have gone this route, but if you have, I'd sure enjoy hearing about your experience.  

Frank
^^^ Here's a couple of albums my friend played tonight that I don't have myself, but that I would consider a part of any serious jazz collection:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VICTOR-FELDMAN-ALL-STARS-Soviet-Jazz-Themes-LP-AVA-A-19-1963-EX-VG-Jazz-33rp...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUD-SHANK-Barefoot-Adventure-PACIFIC-JAZZ-LP-VG-/361897090070?hash=item5442b...

There were a lot more ... but I couldn't find them on Ebay.  Rare stuff. 

Frank