TEKTON IMPACT MONITORS

I ove this speakers , on my set up they sound really very dynamic and easy to listen. Is there anyway to replace their tweeters to improve them? I do love the design of the impact.Thanks
128x128jayctoy
Audiophiles are still buying them , so it means they like them, they even wait for months......i disagree,true auduophiles are not buying them...or what i think of when someone says auduophile ... we have a different meaning of the word audiophile i guess
i disagree,true auduophiles are not buying them..

I don't think we should argue over what an audiophile is.  I totally believe audiophiles are buying Tekton Impact monitors.  Really the key is that people are buying these speakers because they feel they deliver good sound at a $2,100 price point.  These are not performing as $10,000 or $30,000 speakers because the market does not see them as such.  If the market saw them as being equivalent to a speaker that sold at many multiples of their price then that's where Eric would price them - because he's not an idiot.  In the realm of consumer or commercial products it's the market that sets the value...not some blowhard with 10,500 posts asserting their value.
I had a scratchy sound and it ended up being the power transformer in the amplifier.

I've also had static generated by grunge in the volume pot and moving the pot 0 to Max several times would seem to clear it up for a while.

Is the scratchy sound at the same place in the song or random?
Do you have another source and does the scratchy sound show up in it too?

Danager I will try my other amps if the scratchy sound is not there , then it’s the amps. If it’s still there , maybe it’s the preamp.
Tvad I speak three dialect English, our national language, and the place where I grew up, near Clark Air Base.