TEKTON IMPACT MONITORS

I ove this speakers , on my set up they sound really very dynamic and easy to listen. Is there anyway to replace their tweeters to improve them? I do love the design of the impact.Thanks
128x128jayctoy
i disagree,true auduophiles are not buying them..

I don't think we should argue over what an audiophile is.  I totally believe audiophiles are buying Tekton Impact monitors.  Really the key is that people are buying these speakers because they feel they deliver good sound at a $2,100 price point.  These are not performing as $10,000 or $30,000 speakers because the market does not see them as such.  If the market saw them as being equivalent to a speaker that sold at many multiples of their price then that's where Eric would price them - because he's not an idiot.  In the realm of consumer or commercial products it's the market that sets the value...not some blowhard with 10,500 posts asserting their value.
I had a scratchy sound and it ended up being the power transformer in the amplifier.

I've also had static generated by grunge in the volume pot and moving the pot 0 to Max several times would seem to clear it up for a while.

Is the scratchy sound at the same place in the song or random?
Do you have another source and does the scratchy sound show up in it too?

Danager I will try my other amps if the scratchy sound is not there , then it’s the amps. If it’s still there , maybe it’s the preamp.
Tvad I speak three dialect English, our national language, and the place where I grew up, near Clark Air Base.
Using the same recording, and same track on the same source component...

Swap your amplifier interconnects at the preamp. Left IC to right output, and Right IC to left output.

Does the scratch follow the swap? If so, it’s not the amplifier. It’s upstream, or an interconnect cable. If the scratchy sound remains in the right channel, then the cause is your amplifier (or a bad tube, or something else).

Swap the amplifier interconnects, so you have the right IC on the left channel preamp output, and the left channel amplifier input. Connect the left interconnect to the right channel as above. Play the track. Does the scratchy sound follow the swap? If so, it’s the cable, or a poor connection. If not, then the scratchy sound is caused upstream.

Restore the interconnects to normal.

Swap the source interconnect at the preamp. Left IC to right input. Right IC to left input.

Play the same track. Does the scratch move to the other channel? If so, it’s either the source component, or it’s the interconnect cable, or it’s on the recording.

Restore the interconnects to normal.

Try a different recording. Does the scratchy sound still occur? If so, then it’s your source component, or the interconnect cable. If not, it points to the recording.

Swap the interconnect cables. Put the right IC on the left channel. Put the left IC on the right channel.

Play the track. Do you hear the scratchy sound? Which channel?

When you hear the scratchy sound, are you adjusting volume using a volume pot on the preamp, or with a remote control?