These new POLK LSiM's look tempting

I read on Polk forum the top line towers will run $4,000/pr. Due out in early 2011. I'm looking forward to the reviews. Very attractive looking.

http://bitstream.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2010/08/polks-new-lsi-m-blackstone-and-vanishing-series-speakers.html
aberyclark
'It looks like Polk not only hit a home run with the LSiM's, but hit a grand slam.'

Not the first grand slam for Polk. They just don't get the credit on this forum. I fear, the price doubled for the LSi15 replacement, the LSiM 705, in part due to the insidious influence of high-end audio, i.e. everyhing is judged by price. If it cost more, It's better. In spite of the arbitrary manner in which MSRP is determined. But I have my $4000 ready.
Rok2id..The reason for the higher cost for the LSiM series is that the components in the crossover boards are of much higher quality and cost more. All drivers are now made in house which increases labor costs.Their midrange driver is more sophisticated then previous designs, and the cabinets with there internal isolated chamber's for each of the
drivers result in more wood and labor time. Previous full range models from Polk could not compete against the top models from B&W, Wilson and KEF. With all new driver designs and crossovers, and all wood cabinets instead of
just wood side panels, result in a whole new performance that is true high end sound at its very best. Polk makes only 15 pairs a month of the 707's. The LSiM series make's Polk the reigning King of the very best high end budget speaker's in the U.S.
'Polk makes only 15 pairs a month of the 707's'

I notice they are hard to find in stock. Will the production rate increase in the future? Thanks for all the info. I hope they are a great success. Can't wait for the reviews to come in.
Rok2id...The 707's are in stock at their Vista, Calif. warehouse. But just the light cherry finish. Sold out of the dark Mahogany which is in great demand which will be back in stock by mid-December. Polk has warehouse's in Maryland and Calif. I doubt they will increase production since they are made from scratch with loving care. A lot of time to make each pair. Polk sell's direct so if you want the 707's you can reserve buy now and get on top of the list for the December supply. I have spoke to several Audiophile's who have listened to the 707's at show's in California, Denver and Montreal. They are stunned what you get for $ 4K. A remarkable achievement to say the least.
I came on here looking for more information on Polk Lsim 707s and I am a little disappointed that very little has been said about them on here. I own the Polk Rti A9s right now. I would just like to upgrade. I have listened to the Lsim 705s and thought they were very clear in the high end and magical sounding (if that is the right word) but seemed bright and I figured they would be fatiguing after a while. The Rti A9s I have are not fatiguing in the least. (I am using Hafler amps to bi-amp the speakers).
The Question is. What do people think of the Lsim 707s? And is there a better bang for the buck in that price range? Or ANY opinions of the Lsim Polks.
Thanks