Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
Hello folks; just letting you know that no grass is growing under my feet. I am making good strides toward first test samples. The CS2 2 development has dropped back till autumn and the PowerPoint and CS2.4 are now the first-tier projects. The big bundle of ClarityCaps is shipping in a week with lots of trial samples including the custom CSA-160 volt cap. This cap utilizes CSA technology with a 160 volt film to be small enough to fit inboard layouts. The outboard XO option seems to be dropping out via better inboard solutions.

On another front, I learned that Rob got the Klippel Analysis rig from ThielNashville, so it will likely find a place in this development project. World-class tool. Also, I have ordered the new, long-awaited update hardware for my Metric Halo SpectraFoo analysis rig which now sports 32bit x 192kHz ultra clean conversion and 64bit real-time multi-chip processing. This rig is used for recording and concert hall analysis, but applies well to speaker development. I am learning it.

Also, my Classé amps return this weekend from the rehab shop. While re-capping, I also upgraded the caps and added some bypasses. DR6 (late) preamp and 2x DR9 power amps. (100 w @ 8 ohms, 200 @ 4,  400 @ 2 ohms, one amp for each channel. They're old 1990 gear, but I know them well, and love what they do.

Additionally, some very knowledgeable and experienced folks are contributing to the project. By year's end I hope to have a version or two of upgrade crossovers for the 2.4 and PowerPoint. Stay tuned.

Tom

Outstanding! tomthiel

Thank You for the update on Clarity Caps and the like. Hope you and Rob are having fun on the XO project. Good to read that you found a repair shop for your Classe' gear, restored to healthy status. No doubt that you have assembled a very fine team to tackle this project that will benefit us all in the coming months. Keep researching, testing and writing.

Happy Listening!

thanks to everyone for making this possibly the best thread on Audiogon.
so an update to my Thiel saga.  Had a
did not finish.  Had a fine gentlemen drive to my home from Ohio ( I am in NC) and purchase my Thiel 2.7's.   He had a pair of 1.6's but was ready to move up.  he listened for about an hour and was bowled over.  Of course the fact that all gear are the upper end electronics from PS Audio did not hurt.  So we packed them up and he is taking them back home.   I hope he enjoys as much as I did.  Now i have to live with the 3.7's.   poor me :(